This is a great opportunity to become part of a small friendly team and to gain an insight into the daily operation of a busy finance office.
We want to enable you to learn, discover and develop your skills here at Lakeland Arts - we’ll do everything we can to support you so that you can achieve your goals.
We’re looking for volunteers to help support us for up to 4 days per week, on a regular basis. Ideally each volunteer will be available for 1-2 days per week.
The finance office is based at Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, where the existing team of 3 are primarily based.
Whether you’re new to this type of volunteer role or have had previous finance experience, you’ll be supervised by the Senior Accounts Assistant and will work closely with all members of the team to support a variety of different tasks, including:
- Monitoring finance emails
- Ordering goods for colleagues
- Matching purchase orders to invoices
- Chasing purchase orders with operational colleagues
- Posting supplier invoices to our finance system
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Raising sales invoices
- Scanning and attaching documents to finance software
- Cashing up and reconciling petty cash
Will I be trained?
- When you first join the volunteering team, you’ll receive information about Lakeland Arts.
- We’re happy to give you all the training you’ll need to perform your volunteer role effectively and successfully.
- You don’t need to have specific finance training, but a love of numbers is beneficial as well and working to a high level of accuracy.
What skills are needed?
No previous skills are required but we do need people who enjoy working with numbers, to a high level of accuracy and are great at meeting deadlines.
Why get involved?
What are the benefits?
- Volunteering is a great way of meeting fellow volunteers and people across Lakeland Arts.
- Our ‘active volunteer’s card’ entitles you and your immediate family to free admission to Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry, Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House and Windermere Jetty, Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories.
- Your card also entitles you to a 50% discount in our cafes, and 10% discount in our shops throughout the year.
How to get involved?
Send an email giving us a little more detail about you, your interests and experience to: email@example.com