This is a great opportunity to become part of a small friendly team and to gain an insight into the daily operation of an established museum. We’re looking for volunteers to help support our weekly programme of creative participatory activities and events, at Blackwell (BW) and Windermere Jetty (WJ).
This will be an ongoing regular role and will support (but not limited to);
- Water Babies
Wed 8.30 – 11.30am WJ, weekly
- Arts & Crafts Club
Sat 9.30am – 1.30pm BW, twice a month
- STEAM Squad
Sat 9.30 – 1.30pm WJ, twice a month
- Family Activities
Mon – Sun 11am – 3pm*, during school holiday times (times may vary)
More details about the activities and age groups can be found online.
The Participation & Learning Team delivery a series of on-going participatory activities across all sites for families and children and young people. This forms one of our core commitments to Arts Council England. We believe that by being active on our sites our audiences can gain a deeper connection and meaning to our collections and culture.
- Welcoming families into the activity (this will usually be located in one of our dedicated learning spaces)
- Assisting facilitators, artists, and the learning team in the setup of workshops and events
- Assisting families, children and young people them when needed
- Gathering feedback and evaluation
- Helping with the tidy and clearing up of events
Will I be trained?
- When you first join the volunteering team, you’ll receive information, instruction, some simple basic training and then supervision from a member of the Participation & Learning team.
- All training will be provided, we may ask you to complete a short online Child Protection course.
What skills are needed?
- Friendly, approachable, enthusiastic
- Desire to help children and young people participate
- Enjoy talking to new people, good verbal communication skills
- Willing to take a hands-on approach
- Can work as part of a team
Why get involved?
- Volunteering sessions will last 4 hours. If an activity is shorter in duration than 4 hours, you might be expected to help with set up and take down. If a session is longer, then two to three shifts will be created for those longer times so that no session exceeds 4 hours
- Activities and Events will change week to week, so you can expect a varied programme of creative activity to support. It will never be boring!
How to get involved?
Send an email giving us a little more detail about you, your interests and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org